I Hope You Dance

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Texas Road Trip ~Day 1~

If everyday is a much fun as yesterday......it's gonna be a great week!

Yesterday Nita and I left Nixon a little after 10am and headed to Lockhart. There we met DeeDee for lunch at Black's BBQ. We had such a great visit, laughing and talking. The time just flew by.
Nita, MaryAnn & DeeDee

Soon it was time for Nita and I to hit the road so we said our goodbys to DeeDee and were soon on our way to Fredrickburg.

We drove to Buzzard's house and she was there waiting for us. We visited with her a while and took the tour of her beautiful home! Buzzard really knows how to decorate and her home is full of her counted cross stitch designs that she's done over the years. Ater a while we piled into our cars and drove to Kerville to visit Ruthie.

Ruthie and John have a lovely home in the country. We immediately felt at home. We sat out on the back porch with something cold to drink and talked and talked. As usual, it was like visiting with old friends. John cooked hamburgers and asparagus on the grill and soon we were inside stuffing ourselves! I was excited because now I am no longer an asparagus virgin!!! It was very good.

Ruthie, Buzzard, MaryAnn & Nita

Ruthie, Nita and I stayed up till 1am talking! And if any of the KT peep's ears were burning......well of course we weren't talking about any of you! LOL

It's after 8am now and I can hear Ruthie and John milling around the kitchen fixing breakfast. Guess I better go see if I can help. I'm excited about starting day 2 of our trip and will report on it as soon as I can.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:59 AM , Anonymous RuthieG said...

    Hey Maryann...I loved having you all and hope you will come back...Ride up sometime on your trike and bring jammer...

    Ruthie

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home