I Hope You Dance

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Life Is Good :o)

Yes, life is good. It is warming up, the ground is wet from a nice shower this morning and I have the very best of friends.

Elaine, a Yaya sister, came to spend the afternoon with me. She brought us great salads for lunch and we sat and talked for hours. During our visit my son, Chad, went to town to get my mail. I hadn't picked it up since before my surgery. He came back with a large stack of mail and a package. Of course I opened the box first. It contained 2 fat bags of pastel mints and a get well card sent to me by one of my discussion group friends, MSCSIPPY, from Mississippi. She remembered that I had complained a while back because I couldn't find those mints, that I like so much, at my local grocery or even at the Super WalMart 30 miles away. I have been hungry for something sweet, so I'm looking forward to them!

Then I spotted a fat envelope mixed in with the mail. Had to open it next. It contained 10 homemade bookmarks from Pattico, another of my discussion group friends from Iowa! She told me to give away some of them to my friends. So I gave one to Elaine right then. I plan to take them to my bookclub meeting later this month to give to each member.

Next I decided to plow through the bills. :o(
To my great surprise the bills were few and the cards many! All from my great friends from my discussion group. One of the cards from Jaybird contained a beautiful bookmark. Most of the others contained personal notes that made me smile. :o)

Am I repeating myself? Life is good! :o)




Dr Report: I'm feeling good, although I am still sore from the surgery. Once I'm up and have moved my leg, I have much more mobility and strength in it. I can tell that it's improving each day.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:38 PM , Blogger Susan said...

    Nice! And don't be surprised if you get more. :-)

     
  • At 5:53 PM , Blogger MaryAnn said...

    OMG! I'll be calling my local friends away from work in the morning to bring me my mail. LOL

     
  • At 7:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That is so awesome to have friends like that. Cool stuff.
    I guess my rain worked for you that I sent? LOL :O
    JG

     
  • At 8:16 PM , Blogger Karen said...

    Canada Post is slow....but it will get there eventually!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home