I Hope You Dance

Saturday, February 21, 2009

I'm Learning !

Before I start the main subject of this post I must say
Happy Birthday Elaine!

I went to my local grocery store (which is doubling coupons) today to buy a few items. I looked online before I left to print out a few coupons on items that I intended to buy. I bought a few things that weren't on my list and took advantage of some in-store specials. I even picked up a $.79 candy bar that I just couldn't pass up. LOL
Bottom line......I bought $66.50 worth of groceries and paid $41.10! A $25.40 savings. I was very happy! Included in that was 5 packages of meat that will stretch to make 8 or 9 meals.

Since I'm not working, and have plenty of time, I think I'll enjoy organizing coupons and looking for sales. It's almost like a game. :o) I'm sure this won't be the last you hear about my new adventure. In fact I think I will do a Coupon alert when I find a good one to share with those of you who want to save. So here is my first.

Coupon Alert: For a $1.00 off coupon for Velvetta cheese, 1 lb or larger pkg, go to the Kraft Foods website and click on the bottom left where it says $1.00 off coupon.

If any of you have a printable coupon to share please give us the web address in comments.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Good job on your grocery shopping. I knew you would like it and get a deal.
    I just printed my coupon. I luv me some Velveeta and something new to try is on it also.Cool!
    You can also do something like this for free samples of all kinds of things. Look into it and let me know where you go or what you find. Your the goorue. :)
    JG

     
  • At 3:49 AM , Blogger Faith said...

    How fun! It is like a game...I'm going to join in too. Bill is out of town this week and I usually eat tv dinners when alone so that's what I'm going to look for.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home