I Hope You Dance

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Second Glance

I haven't read much since I started chemo treatments many months ago. I still have no idea why I lose my desire to read while having chemo. I have read several books since my treatments ended, but nothing like I used to.

I picked up Second Glance by Jodi Picoult a month ago as it was the GRINS Bookclub book for January. I would read a few pages and then put the book down for a few days. With still over 200 pages to go, I started seriously reading it yesterday. Our club meeting is this Monday night and I wanted to finish the book before I heard a discussion about it. I finished it today and I am so glad that I did read it. I am amazed at the detail in Picoult's books. She does a tremendous amount of research while writing her books. After reading about 30 or 40 pages of Second Glance I decided that I should have written notes on the many characters so that I could keep them straight. But after awhile I began to know these people. Some of this book was based on history - The Vermont eugenics project in the 1920s and 30s. It is an amazing book to read and I would definitely recommend it.

Other books by Picoult that I've read are My Sister's Keeper, Nineteen Minutes, The Pact, and Vanishing Acts. They were all good books. My Sister's Keeper was a New York Times Bestseller and another awesome book to read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home