I Hope You Dance

Monday, January 12, 2009

Looking Back on 2008

When I think about the past year I can honestly say it was a good year. You probably all think I'm crazy for feeling that way. Even though the chemo treatments, surgery, etc were not fun to go through, the good times far outweighed the bad times.
The times that stand out in my memory as being really wonderful times are:

In January, after living together for quite a few years, Jesse and I tied the knot. Of course we had felt married for years. We just made it official. (no pics of the event)

I had an awesome time on my trip to Florida to see my sister and BIL. We spent part of my visit in Orlando and then went to their condo in Sarasota for the weekend. It's absolutely beautiful there! While in Orlando we shopped, ate out and did lots of visiting. In Sarasota we walked on the beach, went to several book stores, ate out, and enjoyed the unbelievable view from their condo.

My sister, Faith, and I standing on the balcony of their condo.

My Brother-in-Law, Bill, and I on the beach.

Another great time in '08 was when Faith came to Texas.

We had a family get-together at Harold and Loyce's house.

Faith and I drove to Brownwood to see our brother, Dan. It was the first time the 3 of us had been together since our Dad died in '82. We had so much fun catching up and just visiting and laughing.

Me, Faith and Dan

After spending the night in Brownwood, Faith and I went to Karen's Alamosa Wine Cellars. It was fun getting to see Karen and rehash old times. She has used the old counters, etc from the Billings of Nixon store in her gift shop. That old furniture brought back lots of memories.

Me, Faith and Karen

And receiving honorable mention for the year, (LOL, you all know that you are very important to me!) are:

Times with my wonderful group of old friends, the Nixon Yayas. We've all been friends for most of our lives and are still as close as family. We celebrate with each other in the good times and are there for each other in the bad times. Elaine, Joyce, Cathy, Penny, Patsy, Ellen, Gail, Gloria & me

The wacky, crazy breakfasts with the Nixon Breakfast Club....all 3 of us. Lisa, Dorothy and me. We usually get together once a week for breakfast, ranting, laughing, griping, etc. We have fun through it all.

Staying in touch with my childhood friend, Jennifer, by e-mail. We spent so many nights at each others houses when growing up and have so many crazy memories to laugh at now. Jennifer was the rebel and I was the rebel-wanna-be. LOL

GRINS Book Club monthly meetings, which at times can be a little wacky and crazy too. We have read some really good books and had fun discussing them. We also visit and eat and have lots of fun. There have been times when we went home with sore ribs from laughing so much. Lisa, Laura, Yvette, Joy, Tom and me

Chatting daily with great friends in my online KT group and my Ebay group. We've been friends for many years. We support each other, laugh together and sometimes fuss at each other, :o) They have really added tremendously to my life and I look forward to meeting more of them in real life.

See, I told you it was a great year. I do think that 2009 will be even better!

3 Comments:

  • At 7:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I might be the rebel but look who has Harley now.
    You are the one with the guts and strength to come out of your last years battle.
    Your a rebel in my eyes because I only hope to have as much courage as you.
    It is truly an honor to be your friend.

     
  • At 12:08 PM , Blogger Faith said...

    Great year! I don't want a year to pass from now on without us spending some time together.

     
  • At 3:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I just loved the pictures on your blog and on Faith's. Your family cannot be denied by you. They all look a lot like you and that is great. Thanks and keep up the good work

    Cathy

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home