I Hope You Dance

Friday, January 23, 2009

The Yayas are Back !

Yesterday was an interesting day. Joyce called me and we decided that she would drive to Nixon and we would have lunch together at the Tea Cup Café. She called back 10 minutes later and said that Elaine and Cathy would be joining us. Yeah! A Yaya Get-together!

Joyce got to my house first. We were visiting until Cathy came in. The minute she walked in the door she told us that she couldn't eat lunch with us. Then she turned around. The seat of her jeans had a 10 inch rip in them! Cathy said she had no idea when the rip happened and she hadn't noticed it until she was walking up to my house. She wasn't sure if the rip occurred before or after she went into the store to buy a glass of iced tea to drink during her drive here. Joyce and I were laughing so hard that we could hardly breathe. LOL

We couldn't miss lunch so we fixed Cathy up with a pair of Jesse's army green pj bottoms, which actually matched her blouse. And off we went to the café. Elaine soon joined us and we had to tell her, between fits of laughter, what had happened.

We enjoyed a nice lunch with desert. The owner told us we could stay as long as we wanted to. I think she knows now that when we get together we can talk for hours. Joyce told her that if laughter was medicine, we had overdosed!


After lunch we went to the Dollar General Store to see if we could find some pants for Cathy. That's the only store in Nixon that has any clothes for sale. She found a nice pair of warm-ups. I told Cathy she could keep Jesse's pj's, but she decided to change into her new duds.

The Yaya Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.


Dr. Report: My surgeon called yesterday afternoon and the plans are for me to have a test at the hospital next week and then my surgery the following week. As soon as the surgery is scheduled I will post the date here.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That is a really big hole in her pants to not to feel some kind of draft going on somewhere.LOL!
    Glad you had fun.
    Hope all is well on the results.My prayers are there with you.
    Hugs :)

     
  • At 3:03 PM , Blogger Faith said...

    You guys are just too much fun!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home