I Hope You Dance

Monday, February 16, 2009

Don't Peek !

I tried a new recipe for dinner last night and we really enjoyed it. The No Peek Casserole was shared by someone in my discussion group several years ago, and I finally got around to trying it.

No Peek Casserole

2 lbs stew meat
1 can Campbell's Chicken Mushroom Soup
1/2 cup Ginger Ale
1 pkg Lipton Onion Soup Mix
1 4 oz jar mushrooms, drained (optional)
Preheat oven to 300. Combine ALL ingredients (DO NOT brown meat and DO NOT dilute
soup with water) together. Mix well. It will be lumpy before it's cooked. Pour into a casserole dish and cover. Bake 2 1/2 to 3 hours. DON'T PEEK!! Serve over pasta, rice or mashed potatoes.
The smell as it's cooking is WONDERFUL

I didn't have ginger ale, but did have some Dr Pepper, so I substituted and it worked just fine. I also used the house brand chicken mushroom soup and onion soup mix. I served ours with rice. What I really liked about this recipe is that it's quick to put together and then just stick in the oven and forget about it. It's a keeper!

4 Comments:

  • At 12:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Now that sounds yum and easy. I like easy. I can't wait to try it.
    Thanks,
    Jennifer G.

     
  • At 11:05 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I may try that too! If I leave out the mushrooms Brannon and Sherman may eat it! Thanks for the tip.
    Hugs,
    Elaine

     
  • At 4:50 PM , Blogger Lisa Webb said...

    Sounds good! I may have to give it a try.

    -Lisa

     
  • At 7:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Sounds wonderful. I can't wait to try it. Sounds like a great one for Sunday mornings - can put it in the oven and let it cook while we are gone.
    Thanks!
    GailS

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home