I Hope You Dance

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Knitting 101 - 2nd Project & My Lilies

I went to my third class this evening. It was fun and relaxing. I finished my 2nd project and did much better than the first. I still need to be more careful. I've started on my 3rd project. It's using the knit and purl stitches but we change in the row. So that is a new learning experience.

Both sides of project #2

I knew we had rain coming today so I climbed on the John Deere and mowed down my lilies They were there when my parents bought the house 56 years ago. They bloomed twice this summer because of all the rains we got. But they were looking pretty ragged so I mowed them. We got a beautiful rain today so they will come back up quickly and look beautiful again.

This is a few weeks ago.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:13 AM , Anonymous Rita said...

    You're making great strides with your knitting. CONGRATS on that!

    What a pretty patch of flowers! Sad to mow them down, but how cool that they've been there so long. Love that connection to your parents.

     
  • At 7:59 PM , Blogger giantcycle99 said...

    Nice knitting job MA!

    Moni

     
  • At 8:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 3:11 AM , Anonymous http://myessay.org/ said...

    Pretty nice garden! You have mowed the grass perfectly well!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home