I Hope You Dance

Friday, June 25, 2010

Knitting 101 - 1st Project

After my first knitting class I had a week to use what I had learned to make a dish cloth. All I had to do was the knit stitch. It seems so easy to me now, but I really had to work on it that first week. I am going to post a picture of my first project and please don't laugh too loud.

It was supposed to be square with no holes. lol It didn't exactly turn out that way. I think I could do a much better job on that design now.

Dr Report:
I went for chemo last Monday and was not able to get it. I have chemo in my bone marrow, so we had to skip a week. My red blood count was very low. That's why I had been so tired all week. So I got iron intravenously and a Procrit injection. On Tuesday I could tell that I had more energy and have been feeling good all this week.

5 Comments:

  • At 12:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi MaryAnn!
    Glad that the procrit and iron help you feel better!
    hang in there kiddo!

    Kat

     
  • At 12:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    OH, how could I forget to comment on your project? LOL ..

    keep practicing! LOL
    I like the colors.

    Kat

     
  • At 12:49 PM , Blogger Faith said...

    Way to go. I have a small project ready to start knitting. Will go to the local knit shop to start it.

    What does it mean "chemo in your blood marrow?"

     
  • At 1:00 PM , Blogger MaryAnn said...

    Faith, it's chemo in my bone marrow, not blood. It's a common side effect of chemo. I guess that's why you always hear about people needing bone marrow transplants. My doc is watching it closely. That's why I didn't get chemo last week.

    Kat, thanks for the advice to practice, lol. I am tempted to post a pic of my second project. It is soooo much better. But I'll wait till I'm done with it.

     
  • At 8:15 AM , Anonymous Rita said...

    My first comment didn't post... I don't think...

    Let's just say I got a *kick* out of seeing your first project! LMBO! Glad you are feeling better!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home