I Hope You Dance

Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Summer Weather and Pictures

We are experiencing a thunder storm as I type. I did manage to check my garden just before dark. It was lightening and I was in a hurry to get back inside. I did have one zucchini squash ready to pick and that was all.

Loyce had mentioned making zucchini bread and I think I can make one loaf with the one I rescued from the garden.

My KT friend, Sandy from Iowa, posted a recipe for banana cookies and I'm dying to try them too. I sure hate to think about turning on my oven when we have predicted highs of 100F this weekend. Oh well, I think it will be worth it.


Benji rode on the float with Preston but was ready to get back on shore.

The twins can always depend on Grandpa Jesse to go swimming with them.

Playing in the Hot Tub.

T-Ball Preston was unhappy because the rolly pollys he had caught had excaped. We helped him find some more and he got happy.

Jesse and I rode the bike this past holiday weekend. It was the first time he had ridden in over a year and was over 1 1/2 years for me. I'm sure not tough any more. I'll have to ride more often to toughen up. We rode up River Rd from New Braunfels. We were among about a million other people who were enjoying the beautiful weather and the river. We stopped at the Lazy L and sat behind the store. There was a live band playing across the river and lots of people floating on tubes and inflatibles. Lots of fun!

I was in a reading mood in May:


First Family (our book club selection for May)
Baldacci, David
Very good mystery!
*******
Winter Garden
Hannah, Kristin
One of the best I've read
*********
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
Larsson, Stieg
Very good
********
The Killing Floor
Child, Lee
Okay, violent
*****
Dancing Naked At The Edge of Dawn
Radish, Kris
Interesting
*******
Finger Lickin' Fifteen
Evanovich, Janet
Very good
********
Something Rising
Kimmel, Haven
Not very good
***
Days of Little Texas
Nelson, R. A.
Very good
********
Chili Death
Albert, Susan Wittig
Very good
********


Dr Report
I'm back on regular chemo and doing well. I have two more weeks of treatment and then will have a two week rest. Next I'll be scheduled for a ct scan to see that the chemo is doing it's job. I been having Home Health Care since I was released from the hospital on Easter Sunday. I was discharged today. The nurse said my wound is completely healed.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:38 AM , Blogger Faith said...

    Enjoyed reading your update, seeing pictures and book reviews. So glad the surgery wound is healed.

     
  • At 5:13 AM , Anonymous Rita said...

    Love the pool pics, MaryAnn! It just "looks" so refreshing! Holler when ya get the zucchini bread and cookies out of the oven. I'll be right over!
    :-)

     
  • At 8:09 AM , Anonymous Gail Smith said...

    Mary Ann, so glad your chemo is not making you sick and is doing its job. We all look forward to the day your xrays do not have a shadow. Enjoyed the pics. Take care!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home