I Hope You Dance

Saturday, October 03, 2009

It's Been a Month!

I can't believe I've gone that long without writing here. Actually my life has been pretty dull, so I haven't had anything to write about.

DR Report: I've had 2 chemo treatments since my last update. My blood work has looked good except for my red cells. Last Tuesday my count had gone down from 10.6 to 8. When the count goes below 10 that's when they do something. So I got iron last Tuesday. They have to give you a test iron first to make sure you don't have a reaction to it. That went well for me, so they gave me the full iron which took another 1 1/2 hours. I was at the doctor's office from 9:30 till 5:00. Jesse was there with me too. They kept the TV on Gunsmoke and Bonanza, so he was happy.
I will get the iron two more times and the doc said if I start getting dizzy that he will set up a blood transfusion for me. I don't think I will need that. The anemia is what makes me so tired. I don't want to get out of my recliner. I did go to WalMart yesterday. My first time to go out shopping and it was fun. I bought several caps as I have lost so much hair. I don't think there's enough gone for me to shave. I'm going to wait a while and see if I keep losing it.

I bought some Megace last week as I had no appetite. I had gone down to 104 lbs. The Megace is in a little bottle (liquid) and costs over $700! That is just unbelievable to me. It does work. When I went for my last chemo I had gained 7 lbs in two weeks.

Next Tuesday I am scheduled for another CT scan and more iron. I will get the results of the scan on the following Tuesday.

Thanks to all of you for your good thoughts and prayers.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:28 PM , Anonymous Gail Smith said...

    My dear friend, Mary Ann - I just want you to know you are, and have been, on my mind a lot lately. I am sorry you are not feeling perky. I hope your anemia and appetite improve quickly....Love you lots, Gail

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home