I Hope You Dance

Thursday, August 20, 2009

It's Dry, Dry, Dry & Hot in South Texas!!!

We are having the hottest summer on record in my part of the world. And I think it's probably the driest on record too. I'm thinking about doing the nekid turtle dance, and would for sure if I knew it would bring rain. :o) Of course I need some volunteers to dance with me.

Dr Report: I had my chemo treatment on Tuesday. Jesse was at home and offered to go with me. I told him to stay home or find something else to do as he would have to sit at the Dr office for 4 hours with me and he didn't need to do that. He insisted, so we both went to San Antonio. It didn't take me long to find out why he wanted to go. When they called me back, he asked if he could go. I said sure since they were going to weigh me and take my vitals. Then they took me to the room to wait for the doctor. Jesse marched right in and sat down. Then he told me that he knew I would be getting the CT scan report and he wanted to hear it for himself. He thinks I sugar-coat what I tell him and others about my condition. LOL I explained to him that he was welcome to stay, but that I always told him, my family and friends the exact truth. :o)
The doctor came in and said my CT scan report was great. All the spots he was watching had decreased in size. That means the chemo is doing it's job. Well, it's the chemo and lots of prayer. And Jennifer would say it's also the egg sandwiches and pickles. LOL He said my blood work looked great too. My protein levels are going down even more. That's a sure sign that the cancer is reducing. So I guess Jesse saw that I do tell the whole truth, and it made him feel better.

I am feeling much better than when I was at this point with my previous chemo treatments. I still have energy and an appetite. I still think it's from the green drink and healthier eating. I did lose 4 pounds in the last two weeks, but I'm working on putting them back on before my next treatment.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:47 PM , Anonymous Gail said...

    Hi, Mary Ann!! I'm so glad to hear your wonderful news. I agree - keep doing whatever you are doing as it is obviously working - that includes all the prayers too!!
    I understand Jesse's anxiety and "needing" to hear it for himself. He is a sweetheart.
    Now go have a double scoop of ice cream - one for you and one for me!!
    Love,
    Gail

     
  • At 6:55 PM , Blogger MaryAnn said...

    Thanks for commenting Gail! I love it when I get comments here. Actually I did get a Blizzard at the DQ today. I'm working on those pounds.

     
  • At 12:18 AM , Blogger Faith said...

    Great news. It is just a matter of time till you are all well again. Jesse is a good man!

    Your attitude is an inspiration. Love you, Faith

     
  • At 10:27 AM , Anonymous Jennifer G. said...

    HOORAY! Now that is the kind of news I like to hear.Double up on the eggs.LOL! My prayers are with you always and I am glad you found a good man to have your back.:) Tell him thanks from me for being concerned about your health because we all love you too.
    Jennifer G.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home