I Hope You Dance

Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Lazy Days of Summer

There is not much going on here in South Central Texas. Most of our days have had over 100ยบ temperatures and no rain. We are experiencing such a drought that many trees are falling over and dying. So far my trees are doing okay, but I have to water occasionally.

I bought a new printer after my old one died and I love the new one. The photos print out so perfectly! And...it's wireless, so I can send a print order from wherever I am with my laptop. I think I'll be playing with it today. :o)

Dr Report: Yesterday was chemo day. My appointment was at 9:15, so I was out of there by 1:00. My doctor said he was amazed that I'm not having the bad side effects from this new chemical in my chemo. He said most people experience severe diarrhea, but I've had no problems with it at all. My hair is thinning, but I don't think I will lose it all. Last week I got my hair cut and Pat said she could see new growth. That's a good sign. Anyway, back to my doctor....he said my blood work looks fine, just low in red blood count. But I've always been a little anemic. The numbers weren't bad enough for me to get an injection for it.

After leaving his office I drove to Seguin and shopped in several stores, and also shopped at Pat's in Nixon. I was really tired once I got home. But I was up and at 'em by 5:30 this morning.

6 Comments:

  • At 7:37 AM , Blogger Susan said...

    Oh, yay, I'm so glad to see that you're feeling good, MaryAnn! That's wonderful.

    Do me a flavor??? Hand that camera over to someone else and get in on some of these photos!!! I want to see you. I know exactly what it's like though- you're the photographer and you feel like a dork going "please take MY picture, too" but you just have to do that if no one offers to do it!!! Promise me!

    I love seeing your friends, but I'd like to see you, too!

    The reunion looks fun, it's nice to get together with old friends. I'm sorry about your drought, that's just awful. I'll do a rain dance for you, OK?

    Love you!
    Susan/Flamey/blahblahblah....

     
  • At 9:02 PM , Anonymous Jennifer G. said...

    Our weather here has been in the three digits.We are really not used to that at all. It is now cooling down and I now have sooo many tomatoes because of the heat I don't know what to do with. What was I thinking on planting four plants. They are taller than I am. We should start getting a sprinkle and I will send some rain your way again. LOL! Glad you have a good report from your doctor and you keep up the good work. I have been praying for ya and I guess it is working. :) I will keep it up for you. Maybe it is the pickles and eggs. hahaha
    Love ya,
    Jennifer xxx-ooo

     
  • At 10:40 PM , Blogger MaryAnn said...

    I can't believe that you are having such a heat wave in Washington! Weather is strange this year. Eat those tomatoes!!!!

     
  • At 11:28 AM , Blogger Faith said...

    Glad for the good Doctor's report. Like Jennifer and others, I've been praying and I definitely believe our prayers are being answered.
    Speaking of Jennifer...it's good to touch base with her through Mary Ann's blog. I am six years older than Mary Ann and I remember the two of you playing together. - Happy memories.

     
  • At 3:25 PM , Anonymous Jennifer G. said...

    Faith, Mary Ann always called me the rebel because I got out of "DODGE" and am happy I did.LOL
    I have always enjoyed staying in touch with Mary Ann and will contunue. I am so proud of her and how she is so strong. She is a real friend for sure. Very happy memories because I was the one always getting us in trouble and I think that might of been fun to her because she kept coming back for more. :) Don't tell her I said that.:O
    Jennifer G. :-)

     
  • At 2:03 PM , Blogger MaryAnn said...

    I guess both Jennifer and Faith were rebels because you both got out of Dodge. And I was always a rebel-wanna-be. But let me put on the leather and hop on the bike and I am a rebel!!!
    How lucky am I? The best sister in the world and the best friend in the world. Love you both.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home