I Hope You Dance

Monday, October 26, 2009

Good/Bad Hair Day

I haven't decided if it's a good or bad hair day. I had got to the point that all I had left was a few long strands. So I got Jesse to shave my head last Tuesday. There's a little fuzz there now. I can feel it, but not see it.
Loyce and I went wig shopping Wednesday and I bought one. They only had 3 wigs in my color and they weren't really my style, but I bought one anyway. It looks Okay, but just not me. Madisyne said I should have hair hanging down on the sides and Preston told me I needed to do something about my new hair. LOL He got his Mom's phone and was going to take a picture of me. I had on a knit cap. He told me to take off the cap for the picture. He looked at me for awhile and told me to put the cap back on. Then he snapped his picture. :o)

Tomorrow I go to the doctor for an iron drip. I've been very low on red blood cells and have been getting iron weekly along with a Procreat injection. It's helping. I plan to go look at the wig shop again. This time I am going to look for my style and see if she can order it in my color. There was a really pretty red one there. I ask Preston if he thought I should get the red wig and he said, "No Memaw, you need to get hair like yours." I am spending most of my time wearing knit caps. Need to see what else is out there.

DR Report: I went last Tuesday for more chemo and iron. I was hoping for a break in the chemo as my last round was supposed to be 8 sessions. Last week was #9 and the oncologist and my surgeon thought I needed to stay on it. (Sigh) He did take me off the Avastin in case the surgeon plans surgery for me in the next couple of months. I will be seeing her later this week.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:20 PM , Blogger debbie gross said...

    Aww.. MaryAnn .. That couldn't have been easy. I am glad you are looking for a wig that suits you. Don't forget about the colorful scarves. I remember when my grandmother had her brain surgery and had her hair shaved off. She had the drivers license with a buzz cut for years. Walk tall and be your great self.. MaryAnn.. Hair or no hair! Keep up the fight!

     
  • At 7:01 PM , Anonymous Gail Smith said...

    Leave it to the little kiddos to lighten the moment. Good luck when you go back to the wig shop. I'm sure they will order your color so Preston's Memaw can have "her hair". Remember we love you on good/bad hair days. Let us hear what the surgeon says.

     
  • At 8:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey, Memaw! I think you would look good in anything!
    You are an inspiration, Miss MaryAnn!
    love
    Kat the brat!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home