I Hope You Dance

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

You Are What You Eat

What is that saying supposed to mean? I always thought I was a sweet person and I've always had a sweet tooth, but I am eating healthier now and have cut white sugar out of my diet. So if I sound mean instead of sweet....there is a reason. :o)

Last year I read the book Crazy Sexy cancer Tips and enjoyed it. I took it to Orlando to my sister's, Faith's, house and we read parts of it together. Kris Carr highly recommends drinking wheat grass cocktails. Faith and I tried it at a juice bar and it tasted veeeery green! I finished the book, but decided not to follow her diet tips as I really needed to eat lots of everything so that I could gain some of my weight back. I have gained some of the weight back and have decided that now is the time to start living a healthier lifestyle. I've had 2 people recommend barley grass cocktails. They both even gave me some to try, so I now have several months supply. I have been drinking it for several days now and will report after a few months if I can tell a difference.

I've been eating organic veggies from our garden, but I'm not sure how long that will last as the squash bugs are about to take over!

Dr Report: I had an appointment with my surgeon today. She said I seem to have healed very well from my surgery in March. There was a 4 month healing period as my tissue was damaged from the radiation. I will see her again in 3 months. After we leave her examining room she always walks into the hall with me and we chat for awhile. I usually have to try to control myself because I start to get teary. I don't want her to see the tears and think that I'm sad or scared or anything bad. I have tears because I am so happy that I have such wonderful, caring doctors.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:34 AM , Blogger Faith said...

    I tried and then stopped having the wheatgrass drinks. It tastes sooooo bad. I need to take up healthy eating. My excuse is always to use moderation in whatever I do - guess that includes healthy eating...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home