I Hope You Dance

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

~*~ NEVER ~*~

I will NEVER look at things in the same way again! Not after reading the book Crashing Through by Robert Kurson. What an amazing true story about Mike May. He lost his sight at age 3 because of chemical burns. He regained his sight after over 40 years of being blind. The story of his life as a blind man and all that he accomplished, and then the story of his feelings when he could see, made this one of the best books I've read. When I read his accounts of seeing simple things for the first time, I realized that most of us go through life not really seeing things. It was an eye opener.

There are fewer than twenty cases in recorded history in which someone was totally blind since early childhood and had their vision restored so many years later. Besides telling May's story, the book also tells the difference between how a baby and a grown person learns to see and recognize things. Totally amazing!

On my book journal I rate the books I read with 1-10 stars. This book got 9 stars.

My life: My Yaya friend, Elaine, and I went shopping in San Marcos today. We had a fun time finding some good bargains and eating at the Crackle Barrel.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Thanks for appreciating my book! It means a lot to me. Robert Kurson.

     
  • At 9:50 AM , Blogger MaryAnn said...

    Robert Kurson, in case you come back again....I wanted to thank you for your comment and also to tell that that three years ago I read your book "Shadow Divers" and I really enjoyed that book also.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home