I Hope You Dance

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Going Green II


Here is a distant view of my garden. Everything is growing well, including the grass and weeds!

The row on the left is potatoes, middle is leaf lettuce and right is lots of grass with onions and garlic hidden in between. We decided it was too much to hoe and the plants seem to be doing okay under the circumstances. We may harvest the onions in 2 weeks. I haven't checked the garlic yet. There are carrots on the far end, but I think they are a total loss.

This is one of the two cherry tomato plants. They are both thriving, with lots of blooms and a few small tomatoes. I am so anxious for fresh tomatoes!


Our squash (zucchini and yellow crookneck) are growing very quickly and I'm sure we will be supplying all our friends with its produce soon.

This is one of my 2 strawberry pots. I have never had luck with anything I planted in them. Finally this year I took the advice that I got a couple of years ago and put a pvc pipe, with holes drilled in it, in the middle of the pot and then put in the soil and plants. I water it through the pipe and none of the water pours out of the cups on the side. The plants seem to be thriving.

This is Serendipity. She was named and given to me by my Yaya friend, Joyce. I'm so glad that I've kept her alive! Now I'm wondering if she might want to be repotted into something more fancy.
......................................................................................................

My Life: Jesse and I had a fun and productive weekend. On Saturday we rode the bike to New Braunfels, up River Road, and into Sattler. We ate at an Italian Bistro that we discovered. The food and the service was very good. We will go back there. We tried to find a Cinco de Mayo shirt for me, but we didn't have much luck in that part of the country.

On Sunday afternoon we worked in the garden and then went to Harold and Loyce's to go swimming. We ate a delicious meal of grilled t-bone steaks, baked potatoes and green salad.

Monday was almost a carbon copy of Sunday....more work in the garden, swimming at the kid's house and dinner there again.

I met with the breakfast club this morning. We decided to meet early to celebrate the holiday. Dorothy was the only one dressed for the occasion as I never did find a shirt. We didn't do much different at the cafe....eat, laugh and talk....like usual.

.......and so it goes.




1 Comments:

  • At 8:36 AM , Blogger Faith said...

    Your garden is a Texas size garden. I can't imagine how wonderful it would be to pick vegies directly from the garden and eat them that same day. Good for you! Faith

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home