I Hope You Dance

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Buenos Aires Broken Hearts Club - the beginning

I usually wait till I've finished a book before giving a review. And this isn't really a review, but I just have to say how much I'm enjoying this book. It's about a 20 something year old girl who gets drunk, after a day full of disasters, and in her drunken state she books a flight to Argentina and rents a room for 6 months. So far I've read 100 pages and have had a smile on my face through most of it. I've even laughed out loud a few times. I had planned to clean out my bedroom closet and clean off the two desks in that room tomorrow. That was going to be a full day's job. I'm afraid that my book will be luring me away from the job. Oh well......I can always clean on Thursday. :o)

On a different subject, I met 3 Yaya friends, Elaine, Joyce and Cathy, in New Braunfels today for lunch. We ate and laughed and visited till almost 3:00 pm. Thankfully we weren't kicked out of the restaurant.

Dr Report: I saw my surgeon yesterday and she said I am healing well so far. Since I have tissue damaged from the radiation, the healing process will take another 2 months. She suggested that I see the lung surgeon and go ahead with that surgery first and then come back to her. I think that's a good idea and will be talking to my oncologist tomorrow to see what he thinks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home