I Hope You Dance

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I'm a Book Snob & a Cowgirl

At our last GRINS book club meeting, a couple of members recommended a book series they had both read and enjoyed. They sounded good even though I don't read many cowboy stories. These were modern day cowboys and the stories take place in Montana (which I love), so I thought I would try them out.

I got all three of the series about the Montana Creeds. When I was about halfway through with the first book, Montana Creeds: Logan, and really enjoying it, I happened to notice the H on the front of the cover. I thought, "Oh no, this can't be a Harlequin Romance book!" I was much above reading such stuff. I made myself put the H in the back of my mind and kept reading. As soon as I finished that book, I quickly picked up the second in the series, Montana Creeds: Dylan and happily read it in two days. I have the third in the series, Montana Creeds: Tyler sitting here by me tempting me to forget about housework.

I can't believe that I am recommending chick-lit books, LOL, but these are really good. Maybe I should expand my reading to include some of these H books. I am going to try hard to get rid of that book snob label.

Cowgirl
Every time I walk into my bathroom I take a quick look out the window. I can see the back yard, the pasture out back and usually Chad's horse, or 2 or 3. About mid-morning I peeped out the window and noticed the small gate was open and I couldn't see his horse. I quickly called Chad at work because he sometimes takes his horse to work with him. He said his horse was supposed to be in the pasture. I quickly found him in my garden. He was enjoying the unwanted grass there and ignoring the veggie plants. I filled his bucket with horse feed and he decided that was better than the grass and followed me back into the pasture.

Another normal morning in small town Texas. :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home