I Hope You Dance

Thursday, November 13, 2008

World Kindness Day........

Yes, today is World Kindness Day. Sandy, from my discussion group has challenged each of us to do a random act of kindness today. I remember last year she gave us the same challenge and while I was having breakfast at the café, I paid for breakfast for 2 guys sitting across the room. They didn't speak English so I told the waitress to explain to them that someone wanted to do something nice for them. I'm sure they were surprised.

I haven't done anything this morning, but I do plan to perform my act of kindness before the day is over. I also challenge each of you to do the same and then report back here to tell what you did.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:56 AM , Blogger MaryAnn said...

    My act of kindness wasn't exactly a random act, but it was something I wanted to do. There is a lady in our church who has been so good to me. She has brought us food several times. Since I didn't feel like cooking for a long time, it was really appreciated by me! So I decided to anonymously have the flower shop send her a plant. I was sitting at home telling myself to get up and go to town to do this when someone knocked on my door. Wouldn't you know...it was that lady bringing me two big plates of turkey & dressing, beans, yams, broccoli salad and fruit salad. As soon as she left I typed out a note without signing it and took it to the flower shop to put with the plant I sent to her. She does so much for so many that I don't think she will figure out who sent it.

     
  • At 11:19 AM , Blogger Faith said...

    That's beautiful Mary Ann!
    I have been making a special effort to let people in front of me when traffic is heavy - and it usually is in Orlando. When driving in the shopping area near my home I stop and let people cross in front of me. Some people look surprised and very appreciative.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home