I Hope You Dance

Thursday, October 30, 2008

My Invisible Friends are the Best !

Invisible friends? That's what I call my friends from my online discussion group. I've been a member since 1999 and have made some great friends. I've actually met 39 members in person, so I guess they are no longer invisible.

The point of this story is to tell you what one of my cyber friends, Moni, has done. Moni is such a neat person. She is also an avid bicyclist. Here's a link to Moni's Biking Journal. Anyway, to get on with the story. Last week Moni suggested at our forum that everyone start wearing red on Thursdays to show their support for several of us in the group who are going through Cancer treatments. So many answered that they would definitely wear red and keep us all in their thoughts and prayers. I can't tell you how much this means to me. So I am wearing red today in support of all my friends who are going through these health problems.
Thanks Moni!!!!

5 Comments:

  • At 1:38 PM , Blogger Faith said...

    Wearing red on Thursdays is a great idea. I definitely will do that. What a great way to keep you and your friends in my prayers.
    BTW...I want to be like Moni when I grow up! Faith

     
  • At 2:48 PM , Blogger Eva said...

    I have on red now, Mary Ann. I hope you get the reading urge back soon, and the next surgery goes well. You're often in my thoughts, my friend.

     
  • At 2:56 PM , Blogger charlotte said...

    Glad to see your post at the KT. It has been months since I've been there and posted yesterday.

    I have on hot pink today but will try and remember to wear red on Thursdays.

    Glen isn't doing well right now with his liver cancer. He goes back to his oncol. on the 14th.

    Maryann, you know you are in our thoughts and prayers. Stay strong, gf.

    Hugs,
    Charlee

     
  • At 9:47 PM , Blogger SecondHandRosie said...

    Hey, AllNight! Love your blog - didn't know that you had one!

    MaryAnn and I both are members of infamous Ya Ya groups - mine just happens to be the Class of '67, too - although not from Nixon, TX, but from Des Arc, Arkansas! LOL Hence - the Des Arc Ya Ya username. I'm one of her invisible friends (we've since become very visible to each other, though! LOL)

    Tell Jesse "hi" - love you both!

    Ya Ya

     
  • At 10:09 PM , Blogger MaryAnn said...

    Thanks everyone for your comments.

    I have to admit that Des Arc Yaya is the original. It just seemed that my group of friends from the Class of '67 had so much in common with hers that I just had to be a copy cat! Thanks Yaya!!! Love you too, and your hubby, Twinkie.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home