I Hope You Dance

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Honoring The Veterans In My Life

This is my Dad who was a veteran of WWII. I couldn't have ask for a greater or more interesting Dad!

Other veterans in my life were my Brother, Glenn, who was a veteran of the Vietnam War. Also my Uncle Pick who was a veteran of WWII and was at Pearl Harbor when it was attacked. He was one of the lucky ones who survived that attack. Another veteran was my cousin, Dutch. I'm not sure which war he was in. Maybe some of the family can enlighten me.

I give my thanks to these four great Americans and all the others who have served our country in times of war and peace.

5 Comments:

  • At 1:57 PM , Blogger Faith said...

    Daddy was such a handsome man. I miss him.

     
  • At 9:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm sure glad to see you put dads picture in your blog. I miss hem to.
    DAN

     
  • At 7:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Uncle George wa a very handsome man and he was so very kind and sweet. I wrote to him when he was overseas. He sent a victory letter. Some time when we all get together I will give it to you all.I really did enjoy reading your blog. It was so neat. I sent it to Linda, Francis, and Roger.
    You are in my prayers each and everyday. I had breast cancer in 2003 and with prayers and Gods mercy I have made it this far. Yes it would be great to have a reunion. Lets think about and stay in touch.

     
  • At 10:40 AM , Blogger MaryAnn said...

    It's so good to hear from you RM. I have so many great memories of staying at your house and listening to the train at night. We really need to get together. I know Dan always stops by to see you and that makes me ashamed that I am so close to you and we never visit. I think I will plan to come see you soon so we can catch up on reach other.

     
  • At 1:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I would love to have a reunion. I always had a great time when you came to stay with us in the summer. I will continue to keep you in my prayers. Hope to see you all soon.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home