I Hope You Dance

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

It Didn't Matter To Me

I'm elated today. I'm so happy that Obama is our new President Elect!!!
I was originally for Hillary Clinton. When Obama got the nomination I decided to support him, as the last thing I wanted for our country was 4 more years of Republican rule! The more I listened to Obama, heard his issues and researched him and Michelle, the more I realized how intellegent he is. And I found so many other wonderful qualities. I soon decided that he was definitely the man for the job. It didn't matter to me what color his skin was. In fact I would never have even thought about his race if the media didn't comstantly bring it up. It simply didn't matter to me.

Well, after Obama won the election and I started hearing people tell the stories of their great grandparents and grandparents, I found that I was getting teary-eyed with each story. That's when I realized that it really did matter. I knew what Afro-Americans had gone through in order to achieve equality, but I just never stopped to think about what it would mean to them for Obama to win the Presidency. I now "get it". And I'm so proud of the people of the US for their hard work and dedication to help elect such an intellegent, upstanding man as Obama. We now have hope that change will happen.

I am so proud of our country and feel like I'm breathing fresh air finally.

4 Comments:

  • At 2:00 PM , Blogger Karen said...

    As a Canadian I too am thrilled that Obama won. I read an amazing quote today:

    "Rosa sat so Martin could walk...
    Martin walked, so Obama could run...Obama ran so our children can fly!"

     
  • At 3:38 PM , Blogger MaryAnn said...

    Karen, that is an amazing quote. Thank you for sharing it.

     
  • At 10:30 AM , Blogger Faith said...

    Well I voted for McCain/Palin but I do respect Obama and am confident he will do a good job. He and his family are a breath of fresh air. I'll pray for him daily that God will give him wisdom in dealing with the many problems this country is facing. I believe him when he said he wants to be my president too.

     
  • At 4:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    MaryAnn
    I am just as happy as you that Obama won. He was my choice from the beginning. I saw him speak 6 times last year. I got my picture taken with him. It will be so fun to have children in the White House. I just know Obama will be a wonderful President.
    Linda in Iowa

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home