I Hope You Dance

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Generosity of a Stranger Friend (part 2)













I had an appointment with my oncologist today and Sherry was in the waiting room while her husband had his chemo treatment. As usual she was crocheting. She gave me the items pictured above that she had made. There are 2 darling little stockings, a cross and a lavender sachet. We had another fun visit while I waited to see the doctor. She would occasionally get up to give a crocheted piece to someone else in the room. You just can't help but be happy when Sherry is around. How fortunate I am to have met her.

I got a great report from the doctor today. He had the results of my PET scan from last week. It showed that one spot on my liver is completely gone and the other spot, plus the spot on my lung are both minimally active and both have decreased in size since my last scan. Next I will see my surgeon and she will set up my next surgery.

Thanks to all of you for your prayers!

3 Comments:

  • At 10:13 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Mary Ann, I am so happy that you got such great results. Our prayers are being answered!!
    Love you friend,
    Elaine

     
  • At 3:48 PM , Blogger Faith said...

    Yoohoo!!! Great News. Love ya, Faith

     
  • At 7:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Mary Ann, Thank God for your wonderful news!! We know He is answering our prayers. I'm also really glad you are feeling better. Your new friend sets a great example for me. I have been trying to be more aware of those who have needs. One thing I've started doing the last few months is visit a friend I met from the nursing home just down the street from me. She has a motorized wheelchair and rode down to a garage sale I had. She was a delightful young woman who has physical disabilities. She radiates joy and has a giving spirit. She invited me down to some activities. It was hard to make myself go back there after losing Mom, but thanks to this sweet lady, I did go. Now I've made other friends. I take my daily newspapers down for them to share. They always thank me for coming, but I truly get more blessings than I give. Love, Gail S

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home